.Net Data Objects
Current Release: 5.0 - 20 June 2016 (.Net Framework 2.x, 3.x, 4.0, 4.5, 4.51, 4.52, 4.6, 4.61)
Softgroup .Net Data Objects is a set of .Net classes that gives to developers powerful objects for accessing, editing, and updating data from a wide range of databases throw a a unique driver interface.
With Softgroup .Net Data Objects developers can especially easy migrate old data-oriented projects that use Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects (ADO) to Microsoft ADO.NET technology based on .NET Framework without rewriting many lines of code.
In fact in order to facilitate the migration of source code Softgroup .Net Data Objects contains most of same objects (with most same Properties and Methods) of Microsoft ADO (Connection, Recordset, Fields, Field etc.)
In addition Softgroup .Net Data Objects contains other useful SQL objects and functions to query, insert, update and delete tables data on a database using auto-generated standard SQL statements that can be executed in all supported databases.
The most common usage of Softgroup .Net Data Objects is to query and manipulate the structure of a relational or non-relational database, retrieve and display the results in an application, and let users make and save changes to the data.
Other tasks include:
· Open a Connection to a database
· Easy manipulation of database objects (Databases, Tables, Indexes, Primary Keys and Foreign Keys, Views, Procedures, Triggers, Groups, Users, Permissions etc…)
· Perform advanced operations on Databases like: enumerate existing databases, create or delete e database, backup or restore a database etc.
· Multilanguage advanced dialogs (with Unicode support) to Connect to a database, backup and restore operations (use of dialogs is optional)
· Querying a database using SQL and displaying the results
· Executing commands and stored procedures with parameters
· Dynamically create Recordset objects, to hold, navigate, and manipulate data like Microsoft ADO Recordset object also with Bookmark support
· Performing transactional database operations
· Transformation of a Recordset object to a .System.DataTable object
· Filtering and sorting local copies of database information based on run-time criteria
· Saving data from a database into an XML file
· A series of SQL objects and functions in order to standardize writing of SQL statements in your code (SQLSelect, SQLInsert, SQLUpdate and SQLDelete)
· Support for Unicode databases
Softgroup .Net Data Objects con be used as a standard way to write .Net data-oriented solutions that support most commercial databases types using one single component.
Softgroup .Net Data Objects con be used as a standard way to write fast data-oriented .Net solutions that support most popular databases like:
· Microsoft Access
· Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012
· IBM DB2
Softgroup .Net Data Objects implements in a unique interface native third-party drivers (MS Access, MS SQL Server Oracle, IBM DB2, MySQL PostgreSQL, and Firebird) that make use of ADO .Net, OLEDB or ODBC technologies.
Prior to running Setup to install the Softgroup .Net Data Objects, you must already have the .NET Framework 2.x, 3.x or 4.x and Microsoft Visual Studio 2008/2010/2012/2013/2015 installed on the computer.
Documentation and informational resources
Softgroup .Net Data Objects has exhaustive documentation supplied with installation where every aspect of using the product is covered in details.
If you have a question regarding this product, take a look through list of Frequently Asked Questions or use support page to contact and obtain from Softgroup .Net Support team.
Each copy is licensed on a per developer basis. A developer may use the license on multiple CPUs as long as they are not used concurrently nor used by another developer. Run-time royalty free.
Source code will be sended through email to all customers who buy 1 Site License (Unlimited Developers).
This service is a convenient way to ensure that you are always using the latest versions of product. The Subscription License entitles subscribers to automatically receive all major upgrades (full version releases), new products included in the product and minor updates (enhancements and service patches) for the period of one year.
This service includes all Annual Subscription options plus one year of priority support rapid email response (within 3 business days).
Upgrade from previous versions
To all customers holders of a previous version please select one upgrade license option from the Buy Options.
This require a valid previous serial number of product that must be send through mail to Sales team
Our prices include technical support and a FREE upgrade to the new version if it is released within 30 days of your purchase. Please contact our Sales team.
If you require any licensing option not listed below including volume licensing and previous versions.
You can purchase a license for each of our products through our secure ordering system powered by PayPal or through our e-commerce providers for internet software: ComponentSource
As soon as your order is processed, you will receive an email with your license number and further download information.