.Net Multimedia Control
Current Release: 4.5 - 1 March 2016 (.Net Framework 2.x, 3.x, 4.x).
Softgroup .Net Multimedia Control is a fast, small and lightweight native .NET control that can be used to play CD and most Audio and Video files.
Softgroup Multimedia Control is customizable in every aspect: developer can change buttons images, colors and appearance of control.
Sofgroup .Net Multimedia Control support the following media file formats:
• AIF (AIFF, AIFC Audio Interchange File)
• AVI (Audio Video Interleave)
• AU (AU Audio File)
• DAT (Video stream from a Video CD)
• ENC (Encore Musical Notation)
• MID (Musical Instrument Digital Interface MIDI-sequention Sound
• MOV (QuickTime Video Clip)
• MPG/MPEG (MPEG 1 System Stream)
• MPE (MPEG Movie Clip)
• MPA (MPEG Audio Stream, Layer I, II, III or IV)
• MPM (MPEG Movie)
• MPV (MPEG-1 Video File)
• MP1 (MPEG Audio Stream, Layer I)
• MP2 (MPEG Audio Stream, Layer II)
• MP3 (MPEG Audio Stream, Layer III)
• MP4 (MPEG Audio Stream, Layer IV)
• QT (QuickTime Movie)
• RMI (MIDI File)
• SND (Audio Files)
• VOB (DVD Video Movie File)
• WAV (Windows WAVE Sound File)
• WMA (Windows Media Audio File)
• WMV (Windows Media Video File)
* To play some video formats verify that required codec is installed on your system.
With Softgroup .Net Multimedia Control you can :
• Play supported Sound/Video files without installation of any additional library expect .Net Framework and required codec (if needed)
• Standard commands for Open, Close, Play, Stop, Pause, Resume, Begin, Backward, Fast Backward, Forward, Fast Forward, End , Auto Repeat and Mute
• Control reproduction speed for slow / fast reproduction (half and double)
• Enhanced track bar position for fast move within media tracks / position
• Enhanced low-level volume control with balance left / right audio channels and mute on/off
• Enhanced Led graphical control that display progress/track position
• Optionally show/hide any integrated graphical sections like: commands bar, track position and led display position
• All graphical controls are full customizable: buttons images, colours, size and text tooltips
• Commands Bar has integrated open multimedia file dialog and CD auto detect.
• CD methods for opening, insert and check media present methods
• State property to check multimedia current state: Playing, Paused or Stopped
• Properties to gets/sets various information like Position, Duration, Tracks, Frames, Speed, Volume, Balance, Sound Card name, media and device type of both sound and video files
• Auto-detect of multimedia type: Sound, Video or CD Audio
• Enhanced events for control of multimedia status: OnOpen, OnPlay, OnStop, OnPause, OnResume, OnEnd, OnMuteChange, OnPositionChange, OnVolumeChange, onSpeedChange
• Methods for checking supported multimedia/hardware features for volume and balance.
• Require few system resources
• Full control of hardware/software errors throw OnError event without use of unexpected exceptions
NEW IN VERSION 4.0
• Implemented new Microsoft Audio API interfaces to manage sound devices
• New Volume track slider controls with integrated customizable tooltips
• New Balance track slider controls with integrated customizable tooltips
• New Progress led control with integrated customizable tooltips
• New Position track slider control with integrated customizable tooltips
• New Methods for buttons images customization
• Enhanced interface and mouse/keyboard navigation
• Added support for new media file types
• Added support for Windows 7 (on 64 bit platforms)
• Added support for Windows 2008 (on 64 bit platforms)
NEW IN VERSION 4.5
• Code analysis and optimizations
• Events refactoring and standardization
• Fixed a bug if computer has no soundcard
• Minor bug fixed
• Added New IsSoundCardPresent method
• Added support for Windows 8 and 10
• Added support and assemblies compiled for .Net Framework 4.5, 4.51, 4.52 4.6, 4.6.1
• Added support for Visual Studio 2012, 2013 and 2015
Prior to running Setup to install the Softgroup .Net Multimedia Control, you must already have the .NET Framework 2.x, 3.x or 4.x and Microsoft Visual Studio 2008/2010/2012/2013/2015 installed on the computer.
Softgroup .Net Multimedia Control is provided as single setup package that contains all required files and documentation.
Documentation and informational resources
Softgroup .Net Multimedia Control has exhaustive documentation supplied with installation where every aspect of using the product is covered in details. See NetMultimedia.chm.
You can also download the documentation from our site.
If you have a question regarding this product, take a look through list of Frequently Asked Questions or use support page to contact and obtain from Softgroup .Net Support team.
Each copy is licensed on a per developer basis. A developer may use the license on multiple CPUs as long as they are not used concurrently nor used by another developer. Run-time royalty free.
Source code will be sended through email to all customers who buy 1 Site License (Unlimited Developers).
Source code purchase are not refundable.
This service is a convenient way to ensure that you are always using the latest versions of product. The Subscription License entitles subscribers to automatically receive all major upgrades (full version releases), new products included in the product and minor updates (enhancements and service patches) for the period of one year.
This service includes all Annual Subscription options plus one year of priority support rapid email response (3 business days).
Upgrade from previous versions
To all customers holders of a previous version please select one upgrade license option from the Buy Options.
This require a valid previous serial number of product that must be send through mail to Sales team
Our prices include technical support and a FREE upgrade to the new version if it is released within 30 days of your purchase. Please contact our Sales team.
If you require any licensing option not listed below including volume licensing and previous versions.
You can purchase a license for each of our products through our secure ordering system powered by PayPal or through our e-commerce providers for internet software: ComponentSource
As soon as your order is processed, you will receive an email with your license number and further download information.