.Net Error Object
Current Release: 3.0.4099 (.Net Framework 2, 3, 4)
Softgroup .Net Error Object is a powerful display and reporting error handling solution for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008/2010.
Run-time errors are an expensive fact of life both during development and following the release of software to customers. Errors take time to find and time to fix. Users soon become frustrated when software fails to function as expected without adequate warning. It is extremely important that you consider carefully how your application will handle and report errors. Designing and implementing an effective error handling strategy can accelerate development and significantly reduce development and support costs.
It is essential that all errors are correctly handled by your application. However, there is more to effective error handling than just placing an error trap in every procedure and displaying a simple message box whenever an error occurs.
Implementing an effective handling strategy ensures the following:
· Errors do not go undetected.
· Applications do not terminate abruptly without warning or explanation.
· Components are robust and predictable.
· After an error, application stability is restored.
· Error messages offer the user a meaningful description of an error.
· Error messages advise the user of the possible impact of an error.
· Error messages offer the user advice that may remedy a problem and avoid unnecessary support calls.
· Error messages advise the user on how to proceed.
· Error messages offer sufficient information for support personnel to quickly identify known problems.
· Legitimate run-time errors are not confused with software defects.
· Errors are logged to avoid incorrect reporting by users during support calls.
· Error logs can be viewed and cleared easily.
· The source code location of an error can quickly be determined.
· The cause of an error can be determined more easily allowing defects to be corrected more easily.
Softgroup .Net Error Object provides easy error processing and implementation with:
· Easy implementation with one single .Net shared function call
· Support for new Visual Studio Try...Catch statements (C# and VB.NET)
· Support for classic VB Error object in On Error ... Goto statements.
· Display of all error details included Inner Exception and Stack Trace
· Elegant and professional display in html text
· Customizable dialog display for Multilanguage support
· Send full details throw email to your technical support or developer team.
· Optional write error messages to event log
Prior to running Setup to install the Softgroup .Net Error Object, you must already have the .NET Framework 2.x, 3.x or 4.x and Microsoft Visual Studio 2008/2010 installed on the computer.
Softgroup .Net Error Object is provided as single setup package that contains all required files and documentation.
Documentation and informational resources
Softgroup .Net Error Object has exhaustive documentation supplied with installation where every aspect of using the product is covered in details.
If you have a question regarding this product, take a look through list of Frequently Asked Questions or use support page to contact and obtain from Softgroup .Net Support team.
Each copy is licensed on a per developer basis. A developer may use the license on multiple CPUs as long as they are not used concurrently nor used by another developer. Run-time royalty free.
Source code will be sended through email to all customers who buy 1 Site License (Unlimited Developers).
This service is a convenient way to ensure that you are always using the latest versions of product. The Subscription License entitles subscribers to automatically receive all major upgrades (full version releases), new products included in the product and minor updates (enhancements and service patches) for the period of one year.
This service includes all Annual Subscription options plus one year of priority support rapid email response (3 business days).
Upgrade from previous versions
To all customers holders of a previous version please select one upgrade license option from the Buy Options.
This require a valid previous serial number of product that must be send through mail to Sales team
Our prices include technical support and a FREE upgrade to the new version if it is released within 30 days of your purchase. Please contact our Sales team.
If you require any licensing option not listed below including volume licensing and previous versions.
You can purchase a license for each of our products through our secure ordering system powered by PayPal or through our e-commerce providers for internet software: ComponentSource
As soon as your order is processed, you will receive an email with your license number and further download information.